Contents of the Entrance Exams
The exams consist of multiple choice tests:
in Biology, Chemistry and English, followed by an oral examination, which will focus on the applicant’s knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and English,
and will be supplemented by a personal interview that aims to examine the applicant’s professional attitude, too.
Guideline of Topics for the Entrance Exam
at the Faculty of General Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy – 2018/2019 Academic Year:
- Evolution: chemical and biological aspects
- Chemical background in Biology: Structure of atoms; Molecules – chemical bonds; Solutions; Chemical reactions; Inorganic constituents; Hydrocarbons; Organic compounds containing Oxygen or Sulphur; Organic compounds containing Nitrogen; Carbohydrates;
- Amino acids and Proteins; Lipids; Vitamins; Nucleic acids.
- The cell and its organization:
- (morphology and function): Prokaryotes (viruses, bacteria) and Eukaryotes (focus on cilia and flagella, cell wall, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi, lysosome, mitochondrion, plast, ribosome, centriole, nucleus, nucleolus).
- From cells to tissues of different structure and function (plant and animal tissues as well).
- Cell division: mitosis and meiosis.
- Anabolic and catabolic pathways regarding nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids (photosynthesis, bioenergetics included).
- The physiology of living organisms: respiration, ingestion and digestion, excretion, circulation, endocrine and neural regulation, immunobiology, locomotion.
- Reproduction and development of animals.
- Genetics: Mendelian inheritance, human genetics.
- Basic ethology.
Note: In all of these questions, knowledge of English terminology is required!
The evaluation of the Entrance Examinations will be performed by the University Board.